Pass the word!! Here’s an easy way to support literacy at East Three!
Attention: All Parents of Children that were born in 2011
- East Three Elementary School will be having monthly sessions for parents and their children to help them get their children off to a great start next year in Kindergarten
- This program is in no way meant to replace existing programs such as Aboriginal Headstart or Children’s First Programs. It is for all children even if they are enrolled in one of these programs.
- The sessions are once a month. Session dates for the year are:
- October 9 – 9:00 to 10:00, November 10 – 9:00 to 10:00, December 17 – 1:00 to 2:00, January 29 – 9:00 to 10:00, February 24 – 9:00 to 10:00, March 14 – 1:00 to 2:00, April 21 – 1:00 to 2:00 and May 20 – 9:00 to 10:00.
- Each month there will be free materials for you to take home and explore with your child.
- The sessions will provide parents with an opportunity to examine French Immersion, Inuvialuktun Immersion or regular kindergarten programs.
- Parents will gain valuable information about the exciting world of school
Please join us with your child to explore our school.
Please enter the new school parking area from Breynat Street and park. There is ample parking at this entrance. Please go to the rear of the school and enter through the kindergarten doors and the teachers will meet you there. We are looking forward to meeting you and your child
NEWS!!! We have some new parking lot things to remember this year!! Please follow the new signs!
(Please, no parking lot rage 🙂 If you see someone driving or parking incorrectly, you are welcome to give them a gentle reminder. We are all learners and some people need more time than others to grasp concepts — But please, do help one another and make this work!)
Much of what is needed for elementary students will be provided by the school so as long as your child comes to school with a positive attitude for learning, that’s all that is needed for success! The only other thing that they really need is a pair of indoor shoes that they can wear in the gym. That’s it!
At the same time, it helps our school immensely if parents are able to provide their children with some of the basic school supplies. If you are able, these are the items that could be purchased:
- Required: Indoor shoes and/or gym shoes
- Grades K-12
- Knapsack or school bag
- Pencil case
- Pencils and/or pens
- Pencil sharpener
- Colouring pencils or crayons
- NO liquid paper, please!
- Grades 4-12
- Math set
- magnets for their locker (using tape and stickers on the locker isn’t allowed)
- Grades 7-12
- Gym clothes and “tidy-up” toiletries (e.g. deodorant, comb/brush – not perfumey-stuff)
- Lock for locker – the combination type – not the keyed type
- Grades K-12
Later, students may need a display board for Science/Heritage Fair.
Don’t miss out!! RAFFLE May 13th!!
East Three Elementary boys soccer team will be selling raffle tickets to raise money for super soccer in Yellowknife! Tickets are $5 each. Prizes are 30 min helicopter ride, 32gb iPod touch and a 5lb chocolate bar!
For tickets, see:
Phoenix McNabb- Lennie